LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 19164
Are you passionate about making a difference, have superb people skills, business insight, and a solution focused mindset to support and provide technical expertise to multiple partners, then we have the role for you. Reporting to the manager, end-to-end application services, you will manage a team of indirect reports to lead operations for enterprise applications that support end-to-end enterprise wide processes.
- Manage expectations and scope for daily operational activities as well as small improvements or operational projects
- Provide input into the strategy and architectural product roadmap
- Consult with senior management on risk management, safeguarding integrated enterprise applications operations landscape, development of technical/operations roadmaps in SAP and other development technologies
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and advice to your team to build an environment of stability through consistent communication of expectations and opportunities
- Influence multiple vendors to optimize the overall delivery of technical developments
- Committed to providing direct influence on critical decisions involving our end-to-end enterprise applications
- Act as the point of escalation and manage the resolution process of critical, high-priority issues in production systems
Experience and Education:
- Ten or more years of related domain application for critical health, safety and risk experience including a minimum of 5 years leading / developing teams
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Enablon and / or SAP products and other enterprise applications
- Deep domain application knowledge of Enablon, SAP, EHS, KMS, Medgate and Everbridge
- Broad knowledge of how to deliver information technology services to meet business cost and service level expectations
- Post-secondary education; preferable in business management, computer science, engineering, or related area of study
Skills and Knowledge:
- Highly professional and assertive with excellent organizational, planning, conflict identification and resolution skills
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Superb oral and written communication and negotiation skills to effectively influence business decisions for positive outcomes
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and will experience short periods of high stress levels
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you’re genuinely excited about – as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we’re living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada’s energy company – meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor’s team, you’ll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada’s largest energy company – one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you’ll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals