Before bad weather ensure your:
- Vehicle servicing is up to date
- Tyres have the correct tread depth.
- Lights are in good working order
- Wipers are working and do not smear
- De-mister works
- Fuel level is high
During bad weather
- Do not enter a running wadi if the flow is up to the red mark on the wadi posts
- Slow down in the rain
- Keep your dipped lights on.
- Take bends at a steady and slow speed as the wet roads are slippery
- Keep your windscreen clear with the demister
- Use your wipers and the correct speed for you to see
- Keep a greater distance from the vehicle in front of you
- Brake in good time and gently
- Test your brakes after driving through standing water
- Concentrate only on your driving
- Park in a safe place and wait for the weather to improve if you need to
- Be aware of other vehicle acting erratically.
- Put on your main beam headlights or your fog lights
- Drive too close to the vehicle in front
- Weave across the road to avoid puddles
- Park in a hazardous place